Champion Your Body with the APEX Team
Why Performance Training with APEX?
- Injury Prevention – We’ve been treating physical therapy patients since 2014, from middle school to professional athletes. We’ve implemented all the latest research into our sports performance programs to help your athlete decrease their injury risk as much as possible from things like ACL tears, to ankle sprains, to hamstring pulls or strains.
- Strength – One of the best ways to decrease injury risk, is through strength training. Strength is a building block for athletes in any sport, any age. Our programs will help your athlete, safely and effectively, build muscle to help them be stronger throughout their sport. We do this through bodyweight movement, weights, medicine balls and resistance bands, ensuring proper technique before making things more difficult.
- Mobility / Stability – Some athletes need to increase flexibility, range of motion and mobility. This will allow for speed, strength and explosiveness increases. Other athletes need to be more stable at a moments notice. We incorporate both mobility & stability in all workouts.
- Agility – No matter the sport, dedicating training to fast-twitch muscle fibers will help athletes develop all around athleticism and blow by their competition.
- Endurance – Every sport requires endurance so that the athlete can continue to push when energy is low. We will develop both cardiovascular and muscular endurance over the summer so your athlete can standout all game long.
- Explosiveness – Adding explosive training principles allows an athlete to improve relative strength and create more force, resulting in improvements in things like, vertical jump, broad jump & top end performance.
- Body Control – Athletes are growing and always a work in progress. Our summer programs are dedicated to helping your athlete improve their ability to control their body through space, especially when fatigued.
All programs are “unlimited” so you can attend any class for your age group. For example, Middle School is Monday-Thursday at 4:30pm, you may attend all of the classes, or even just one depending on your schedule that week. We offer the weekly membership so it is easy to cancel and renew if you know you can’t make it in one week – you aren’t locked into a monthly model like most places.
#1 Rated Sports Performance
Dealing with an injury, surgery or nagging pain?
Get it fixed before the summer program starts - We accept health insurance, HSA & FSA!
Can't Join Us? We got you covered with
our online program - ATHLETE X
Athlete X is our comprehensive sport performance training program that we run at our APEX HQ, only this time, it’s all online, on-demand, whenever your schedule allows. This program includes coaching videos for every single exercise and workout. APEX365’s Athlete X program is the premier online performance training program, perfect for you to do in your home gym, at your school’s gym or any big gym you go to.
Workouts are EXACTLY what you would get if you came here to workout with us. It is the same program we put our elite athletes through during their offseason to increase strength, performance, mobility, stability, body control, explosiveness, endurance and speed.
You also get access to us, the same trainers and team that run the programs at APEX HQ! Talk to us anytime and ask questions about the program to get the most out of it.
This is not only for young Athletes. We have a strong community of adults who just want a great workout to be ready for anything life throws at them.
Not finding what you're looking for?
We have a variety of programs listed for boys/girls, MS/HS, and a variety of sports. If you're looking for a program but don't see the exact match, CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW! We're adding more programs to this lineup as demand increases. We look forward to helping athletes elevate their game this summer!
FAQ - Performance Training:
While our sport specific sessions are only 2x/week the elite group will be 4x/week.. The elite group is a great program for future college or highly competitive athletes.
We offer a family discount for multiple siblings in different sports and age groups! Please give us a call and we will give you the coupon code, plus walk you through the process.
A primary focus of our performance training is strength work. We begin with fundamentals and foundations of strength, and progress each athlete based on their ability. Younger athletes start with body weight and focus more on mechanics, while older athletes will progress to heavier weight to increase overall strength for their sport.
A result of strength and conditioning, with plyometric training incorporated in, is the ability to jump higher and further. With our programs, you can expect your child to jump higher, but training safely to improve overall athleticism as well.
No matter the sport, training the fast twitch muscle groups will help an athlete get faster. We emphasize training both fast and slow twitch throughout every session to help improve speed, agility, strength, explosion, balance and more.
Based on our practice of physical therapy here at APEX (that’s actually how we started our business!), we focus on core components of fundamental strength training which reduces the risk of injury by building the muscular system to better support the body. There is a massive crossover between sports performance and physical therapy training, sports performance is just the next level of the work you would do in a physical therapy session with us. Most of our patients treat their physical therapy with us as a workout, getting the best results for their effort. This also helps to reduce the risk of overtraining.
Like any effective program, we progress the intensity over the course of the training block. This is how the college and pro level athletes train during their offseason to maximize strength and endurance improvements.
We would recommend setting up an appointment with our team of physical therapists. Our approach is based on getting the body back to performance shape, pain free. This is how we transition athletes back into their sport in a safe manner. Your athlete would then be introduced to the training program as soon as they are cleared by our PT.
The membership is charged weekly because we know how busy a 17/18 year old or college kid’s summer can be. You will sign up and then be charged the beginning (Monday AM) of every training week. If you’re gone, then you just cancel the membership for the week!
No, you still have to sign up for each class you will attend! You will get an email from us that tells you exactly how to do this. If you have more questions after signing up, just let us know!
You will just go to the page for the program you want your kid to sign up for, and select the DROP IN button. Add all of the days/times you want to the cart and proceed to checkout after all days/times are selected.
Pricing is based on the assumption that most kids will miss up to 4 sessions with vacation and other commitments.