WELLNESS AT APEX:
Wellness is an integral component towards becoming a Champion of Your Body. This includes developing the proper habits for long term and sustainable health, which first, starts with learning about your body. We believe in tracking your body, inside and out, so you can be in control of all aspects of your health and minimize health risks later in life. We’ve helped people lose over 100 pounds, improve metabolism, increase cardiovascular fitness and much more. All these people start and track their progress the same way. Take a step towards becoming a Champion of Your Body, TODAY.
Whether you’re injured, out of shape, overweight, or simply don’t know how to start, the Champion Package will set you up for success. This package features all three of our wellness tests – DEXA Scan (for body composition), Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) Test (for caloric burn & metabolism analysis) and the VO2 Max Test (for cardiovascular fitness analysis). All three of these tests together provide the complete package for you to start a new journey or check in on an existing one. More importantly, these tests all correlate (in different ways) to longer lifespan, decreased heart attack, stroke and other important health risks.
The DEXA Scan experience at Apex Performance Wellness & Rehab is reliable, precise, consistent and the easiest way to collect data about your body without questioning accuracy. It will tell you exactly where you’re at so you can create a roadmap for change. It’s the gold standard in body composition analysis, recommended by health professionals across the world. If you don’t know where you’re at, you won’t know where you’re going.
Tracking body fat, lean muscle, visceral fat, and relationship of muscle to bone density help you get the most efficiency out of your health, nutrition & fitness routine. For people at all ages, fitness levels and nutrition programs, a DEXA Scan is a great way to track a variety of body composition measurements. Whether you’re rehabbing from a surgery and want to know if you have equal amounts of muscle from leg to leg or arm to arm, fine-tuning the body and tracking body fat percentage changes, or aging and curious to know if you have the requisite amount of lean mass in relation to bone in the arms and legs, a DEXA Scan is a great place to start!
Why get a DEXA SCAN?
1. Visceral Fat Analysis – Higher amounts of visceral fat are directly correlated to increased risk of stroke, heart attack, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and other health issues. This fat is on the inside of your body, covering your vital organs like plaque on teeth. It is only detectable by an MRI, CT Scan or DEXA.
2. Lean Muscle Mass – Higher amounts of lean muscle correlate to a longer lifespan. Muscle also supports joints and ligaments, helping decrease injury risk & chronic pain development. It is also important to track muscle to make sure your workouts & nutrition are conducive to building or maintaining muscle and NOT fat.
3. Android to Gynoid Ratio – This is also known as hip to waist ratio. This is commonly done using a tape measure, but a DEXA uses your body fat percentage in these areas, giving you a more accurate and in depth breakdown. As ratios go above 0.85 for women and 0.95 for men, the risk for stroke and heart attack also increase!
4. Body Fat Percentage – BMI has long been an indication of obesity, but it has significant flaws. BMI only uses height and weight in its calculation. This would show an NFL player as obese and a skinnier person with low muscle as in shape. Both examples would have opposite results if using body fat percentage to evaluate.
5. Limb to Limb Comparison – The DXA Scan shows right arm compared to left arm and right leg compared to left leg. This allows you to identify any imbalances and potential compensation patterns you might have. It also is great to assess recovery from a major surgery like an ACL tear, Achilles rupture or Rotator Cuff surgery.
Discover speed of metabolism & calories needed to lose weight!
Apex PWR provides Resting Metabolic Rate testing so you can unlock the answers you’ve been looking for. One, 15 minute RMR Test will show you the speed of your metabolism, how many calories you burn throughout the day, and how much you need to eat to lose weight. This test helps you tailor nutrition and fitness plans specific to your body, rather than waste time and money by guessing and checking. Avoid hitting plateaus or spending time, money and energy on a plan that isn’t right for you. Watch the video to learn more about RMR testing at Apex. We provide discounts on this service when you package it with a DEXA Scan and/or VO2 Max Test!
Quantify Your Cardiovascular Fitness
VO2 Max Testing is available at Apex PWR. This test is the ultimate indicator of cardiovascular fitness. A VO2 Max Test also shows the amount of calories you burn during exercise in four different heart rate training zones. With this information you can tailor exercise plans to burn the exact calories you need to reach your goals. More importantly, it is directly correlated with longevity. This is a great way to track long term heart health and how a current exercise regimen is improving cardiovascular fitness. Watch the video to see how a VO2 Max Test goes at Apex Performance Wellness & Rehab. To get the most comprehensive outlook on your body and track over time, pair this test with an RMR Test and/or a DEXA Scan.
APEX Wellness Is Mobile!
Quantify Your Cardiovascular Fitness
APEX PWR provides onsite DEXA Scans, Resting Metabolic Rate & VO2 Max Tests for easy accessibility for your company, gym or event. Each test is under 20 minutes and provides valuable health information you can immediately act on to make a positive change. As Oregon’s only mobile service for these three tests, we’ve had the privilege of working with a wide range of gyms, corporations and events. We provide custom email content, electronic signup and payment links, so when the day comes, it’s smooth and simple. Let us make health more convenient and allow your members, employees or participants to find out what’s really going on inside their body. Call now to inquire about process and availability
Our mission is to create a healthier community and we do that by helping people Champion Their Body. Since people spend the majority of their day awake, at work, it’s imperative to have a positive health influence in the workplace. Whether your company is small or large, sedentary or active, younger or older, we can co-create a custom offering to make an impact on the productivity, health and happiness of your workforce. Our offerings are also covered by Flex Spending Accounts (FSA), Health Savings Accounts (HSA), and other wellness credits you may provide. All of our wellness tests listed above can be provided in the convenience of your workplace so employees can access the most accurate & reliable health tests with ease. In addition, we’ve provided lunch and learns, in depth seminars, executive training, video gait analysis, wellness screenings and more. Take a look at the companies we’ve had an impact on and let’s take a step together to make a positive health change.