A VO2 Max test and score are a standard of health (according to the American Heart Association) that takes 15 minutes or less!
Conveniently located by the Washington Square Mall in Portland, Oregon, this VO2 Max test will be a great to way understand your unique heart rate training zones, track cardiovascular improvements, and evaluate heart and overall health.
Click the button below to view and schedule your VO2 Max test in Portland, Oregon. SAVE money on your VO2 Max test by booking it with a DEXA Scan, RMR Test and/or Fitness Consultaiton!
Cardiovascular fitness test + report break down
Portland, Oregon VO2 Max Testing is available at APEX Performance Wellness & Rehab. This test is the ultimate indicator of cardiovascular fitness. The American Heart Association states that this test is an equal indicator of cardiovascular disease risk as blood pressure.
Higher VO2 Max scores are directly correlated with a longer lifespan. This is a great way to track long term heart health and how a current exercise regimen is improving cardiovascular fitness.
A VO2 Max Test shows the amount of calories you burn during exercise in four different heart rate training zones. With this information, you can tailor exercise plans to burn the exact calories you need to reach your goals.
Watch the video to see how a VO2 Max Test goes at Apex Performance Wellness & Rehab. To get the most comprehensive outlook on your body and track over time, pair this test with an RMR Test and/or a DEXA Scan.
Why get a VO2 Max Test?
1. Higher Scores Correlate to Increased Lifespan – Cardiovascular disease is the number killer in the United States! The American Heart Association has listed Cardiorespitory Fitness levels as a key indicator, right along with blood pressure, of cardiovascular disease risk.
2. Track Improvement – You can never know the progress of something you don’t measure! Getting a VO2 Max prior to implementing a new exercise will help assess the improvements over time. This is especially useful for heart rate based training programs, such as Orangetheory Fitness. Running, Hiking, and HIIT training programs are also great ways to work on VO2 Max improvement.
3. Unique Heart Rate Training Zones – One VO2 Max test will show you your four, unique, heart rate training zones. With this information, you can know how much time to spend during each workout in each zone to burn the amount of calories you need to reach your health, wellness and fitness goals
4. Long-Term Health Data – Wearable technology, such as the Apple Watch, helps measure and track your overall health with a variety of data points – such as VO2 Max. Improve your wearable technology’s accuracy by implementing your score after your VO2 Max test at APEX. (Did you know there was a spot for this in your health app on your iPhone?!)
5. Anabolic Threshold -VO2 Max testing reveals your anabolic threshold. This is the point when lactic acid begins to increase rapidly. Understanding this number will help you train more efficiently, safely, and measure progress over time.
Frequently asked questions about VO2 Max Testing:
For the most accurate reading, no, please do not workout prior to your VO2 Max test. In order for us to get the most accurate data, we need you to come in having not worked out prior. You can workout immediately after your VO2 Max test.
Hiking, especially at higher altitudes, will challenge your heart rate and how efficiently your body uses oxygen. A good VO2 max score is recommended prior to going on more strenuous hikes. Testing your VO2 max before and after months of hiking can also lead to improvements in cardiovascular fitness.
No! If running presents pain, or you haven’t ran in a while, you can maintain a walk while we steadily increase the incline on the treadmill. The V02 Max Test is immediately over as soon as you decide.
Yes! People often schedule more than one service to be done at their appointment, such as a VO2 Max and a DEXA Scan. We will first do the DEXA Scan, and then do the VO2 Max test. You will have your results in hand immediately afterward!
VO2 Max testing in Portland, Oregon at APEX Performance Wellness & Rehab costs $149. This is a typical price for VO2 Max Portland, Oregon. The test itself will take less than 20 minutes. You will get a full printout of your results and an explanation of each data point. There are discounts on the VO2 Max test when you combine it with another service, such as a DEXA Scan.