Resting Metabolic Rate Portland, Oregon
It’s time to get your Resting Metabolic Rate Test in the Portland, Oregon area! This is the information you’ve been looking for to help you reach your weight loss, fitness, and health goals.
The RMR Test takes ~15 minutes and will give you immediate results. You willl discover the speed of your metabolism, how many calories your body burns at rest and how man you need to eat to reach your goals.
People frequently schedule a DEXA Scan and/or VO2 Max with their RMR Test appointment.
A Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) test at APEX in Portland, Oregon will give you exact information to immediately help you. With this information, you can more easily and confidently make nutritional changes to reach a weight loss, maintenance or muscle building goal.
The RMR Test will takes approximately 15 minutes and is easy and effortless. You will breathe as normal into through through the mask while the machine calculates how your body uses oxygen. Lay back, relax, breathe as normal and after the test, you will immediately have results!
Metabolic Rate testing will reveal the speed of your metabolism. It will also show how many calories you burn throughout the day, even without exercise or movement. With this baseline number, you can create a better nutrition plan to reach your goals.
Why get an RMR Test?
1. Understand Caloric Burn – Most people eat less calories to lose weight. While some people just eat less than they were before, most people are just guessing and hoping for the best. The resting metabolic rate test shows exactly how many calories your body will burn during the day. Because of this, you can easily count calories to eat less than that number and achieve weight loss goals.
2. Metabolism Speed – A lot of people just assume the speed of their metabolism. You’ve probably heard a friend say, “Oh, I know I have a slow metabolism”. Or someone else that says, “I can eat whatever I want because I have a fast metabolism”. With a resting metabolic rate test, you can see exactly what the speed of your metabolism is, without anymore guessing!
3. Don’t eat too low! – It is common for some people to eat at an unhealthy, low level. This is especially true when trying to achieve weight loss. The resting metabolic rate test will identify a healthy range of eating based on your body’s caloric burn throughout the day.
4. Build Muscle Easier – Muscles need to be fed in order to grow. People trying to achieve performance or lean mass growth goals, need to be sure they’re eating enough to support that growth. Metabolic rate testing will give you a number that you can always have and know that you need to eat more than that to achieve your goals.
5. Body Changes – The amount of calories your body burns at rest, your metabolism and goals can change over time (ex. Age, pregnancy). Instead making guesses and never knowing, tracking your body with the RMR Test will help you make adjustments as needed.
Frequently asked questions about Resting Metabolic Rate Portland, Oregon:
No. Please do not work out before the test. In order for us to get the most accurate data, avoid exercise and strenuous physical activity.
If you eat before the test, it will spike your metabolism, which will impact the data we gather. Please fast for at least 4 hours before your test to receive the most accurate readi
No stimulants should be consumed within 6 hours before your test. It is common for people to bring a coffee with them to have immediately afterward!
YES! This is one of the most common combinations of services we provide. People often schedule this combination as their first or second visit. Resting metabolic rate tests will show you exactly what you need to do in order to make improvements or changes upon your DEXA Scan results.
The actual resting metabolic rate test takes right around 15 minutes. There are a couple minutes of the machine calibrating to your breathing. After that, it begins to read and track for the next 10 minutes while you lay back, relax and breathe as normal.